Mint 19.02 Dial up procedures with Kppp

ray burke rayburke30 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:25:03 UTC 2020

Dontas 21/4/2020,

Sorry my mistake. To run my 2.5 inch sata 129gb
Mint 19.02 which is inside a portable extrenal
USB HDD. I connect to the USB port on my Desktop,
then boot up and when Ist page shows press the PF12
key to select the boot menu sequence and boot from
the USB-HDD, thus boots up from my external HDD(mint
19.02). Once booted up Mint 19.02 I notice that even
though thru synaptic program I installed Kppp app,
but this does not show thru the M-menu panel and there
for can only be started thru the terminal as "sudo kppp"
I dont know where the Kppp icon has gone should I try
and re-install it.

Also when I ran Gnome PPP icon(red telephone) it comes
up but thru the configuration screen can't find the
modem address as not sure of this-
eg.
/dev/modem
/dev/ttys0 to s4