Kubuntu 18.04: Screen contents flicker on resize

Apurv Jyotirmay appjoe.beta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:52:03 UTC 2018

I was trying out the Beta build of Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and I faced the same
issue I faced earlier with 17.10. When resizing any window, there are times
when it will flicker. It's random, and switching compositing backend to
openGL 3 didn't help either.
Using Xrender helped in removing the flicker, but then everything started
to tear. Even when I forced full screen repaints, the tearing wouldn't stop.

I don't know if it's a Xorg issue or something with KDE. I own a hardwared