Lets Drop Old Monitors

Bmarsh bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jul 18 21:49:52 UTC 2018

From: Bill Vance <kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org>
 Subject: Re: Lets Drop Old Monitors
 Date: 7/18/18 5:11 PM
 To: Kubuntu user technical support <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

There's another aspect of this that we've kinda walked by
without mentioning.  Ever noticed how lots of folks say
they aren't interested in *nix cause it's, way too hard,
and/or complicated?  The complete newbie knows nothing
at all about what we've been discussing, or how to change
it.

This is just rude.  There isn't even a browser callup, HOWTO
file on the desktop.  Not even one showing how to adjust
it's own text size, to help them along.  Nuff said.

Bill

And yet, you want to make it more complicated with a bunch of resolution settings...   whereas with Windoze, it’s a no brainer!

And no, I don’t run windows, maybe because it IS such a no brainer..