Fwd: kernel updates for k12.04+k14.04

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Oct 21 08:10:19 UTC 2017

ray burke wrote:
> I was just wondering what would it do if I just click remove old
> entries as a quick easy
> way to do it see attached?

If someone else is interested - this was my answer to the PM I received
earlier:

I didn't have the package kde-config-grub2 installed, that's why I
didn't know about that config option. Now I have it installed and I
tried what it would do. It would uninstall all old kernels, but first
you can unselect select which ones to remove. Then you get a list of the
packages to be removed and you have to confirm it. Finally you have to
authenticate with your password and then it starts removing the old
kernels.

So yes, you can use that option and it does what you expected.

Nils