Kubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Update Available

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:55:36 UTC 2017

The second point release update to our LTS release 16.04 is out now.
This contains all the bugfixes added to 16.04 since its first release
in April. Users of 16.04 can run the normal update procedure to get
these bugfixes. In addition, we suggest adding the Backports PPA to
update to Plasma 5.8.5. Read more about it:
http://kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5-8-5-bugfix-release-in-xenial-and-yakkety-backports-now/

Warning: 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS upgrades are problematic, and should
not be attempted by the average user. Please install a fresh copy of
16.04.2 instead. To prevent messages about upgrading, change
Prompt=lts with Prompt=normal or Prompt=never in the
/etc/update-manager/release-upgrades file. As always, make a thorough
backup of your data before upgrading.

See the 16.04.2 release announcement [1] and our Release Notes [2].

Download 16.04.2 images [3].

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes
2. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes/Kubuntu
3. http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/16.04.2/release/