Time in Kubuntu

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 20:18:46 UTC 2016

Teimuraz Abashidze wrote:
> >As a workaround you could revert the update of the tzdata package or
> >you could set a different time zone which has the same offset from
> >UTC as your time zone (until a future update corrects the fault).
>
> To Nils Kassube:
>
> Man, you're genios! ;-)

That's not my idea - some time ago I read it on one of the mailing lists
I'm subscribed to (but I don't remember who was the genius who had
written about it).

> I've changed my timezone to Tehran (it's the
> same +4) and now it shows correct time everywhere!
>
> It's interesting, timezone files for Ukraine and Georgia ONLY where
> damaged?

Sorry, I mixed up Kiev and Minsk. Igor is in the Belarus/Minsk time zone
which is displayed wrong, while for the Kiev time zone it is OK. But I
don't know if those are the only time zones which are currently broken.

Nils