Audio

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 03:33:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Solved by using the audio group tip, but this workaround is not good for
> medium user, who maybe cannot manage the problem by himself/herself
>
> Ciao
>
> Valter
> Open Source is better!
> Sent from my Android device
>
> Il 09/mar/2016 21:02, "Valter Mura" <valtermura at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> Il 02/02/2016 20:26, Aln ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi Robert
>>>
>>> I had a similar problem with audio on my Kubuntu 15.10 after one of the
>>> updates 2 or 3 weeks ago. Logging out and logging in again seemed to
>>> solve it
>>> and sound device was finally detected, however it was not a permanent
>>> solution.
>>>
>>> I've played with configuration a little bit and since couple of days this
>>> problem disappeared. I think that adding your user to audio group did the
>>> trick. Install kuser and check if that helps.
>>>

>> I'm experiencing the same issue from yesterday on.
>>
>> I'll try now to install kuser and make the change.
>>
>> This is not good for Kubuntu.
>>
>> Ciao
>> --
>> Valter

So, have any of you reported this bug? The developers rarely have time
to read this list, and I've seen nobody in IRC reporting it. One of
you report the bug on Launchpad please, and the others mark "this
affects me too" and add any relevant info. The easiest  way to report
a bug is to do it in the commandline `ubuntu-bug systemd` or so. If it
is marked against the wrong component, the devels will move it.

The important part is to *file a bug report.* Please.

Valorie