file names

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Mon Sep 28 11:18:24 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Thomas <nyuwa at hb.tp1.jp> wrote:
>>> On 2015/09/20 19:48, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>>

>> So some locale settings were not done, please run these two lines in
>> konsole, one after the other:
>>
>> sudo locale-gen "en_JP.UTF-8"
>>
>> then
>>
>> sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
>>
> I did that, but the tree lines:
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
>
> always remain.
> So do the problems with file names and Cherrytree.
> Is there any other trick available?

I think this is due to the rather rare LOCALE setup you use, because
let's face the obvious, en_JP is not very common. There currently is
an open bug you can subscribe to here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/1322968/comments/16

I presume the underlying system doesn't provide the combination.

As for Cherrytree,l that would be in the other thread, not a good idea
to mix answers :)

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org