Plasma anyone?

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Mon Mar 30 18:19:58 UTC 2015

On Monday, March 30, 2015 01:46:22 PM Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 11:24 AM, Clay Weber wrote:
> >>
> >> I did the right click....  Do not see anything dealing with folder
> >> options....
> >
> > If one has the default 'Desktop' layout (not the classic, 'Folder View'),
> > one would see "Desktop Settings" on a right click. "Folder Settings"
> > would appear if one uses that, with a right-click. This is the same in
> > KDE4 and Plasma 5.
> >
> > What specific things are   you unable to  locate?
>
> Oh, I can locate anything but usually in a CLI window...    I was just
> upset at the total "RESET" on the desktop with 15.10 which left me with
> no icons and having to deal with the many clicks through the main menu.
>
> Slowly getting things sorted out...  but a lot of things aren't
> working....    I used to be able to Alt-Tab my way through the running
> applications and windows...  but either they have changed a lot of
> things or it is not working right.   Haven't found the right combination
> of settings to make it work like it used to.

Odd;  alt-tabbing works fine here. I like the Cover Switch method myself. I
don't care for the new "breeze" switcher, but all the other styles seem to
work as they did before, I think.

It is likely the re-write of the desktop (plasma) in qml is the reason for the
loss of desktop settings migration.

--
Clay Weber