shutdown option gone

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Sun Mar 1 03:52:09 UTC 2015

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 02:14:04 PM Jerry Lapham wrote:
> On Saturday, February 28, 2015 07:23:01 PM Thomas wrote:
> > When I tried to shutdown the computer to go home, I noticed that there
> > is no "shutdown option" any longer.
> > I believe, it has been there before.
> >
> > When I click on that "Kickoff" thing and then on "Leave", I get:
> > 1)    Lock out (end session)
> > 2)    Lock (lock screen)
> > 3)    Switch user
> >
> > That's it.
> > No restart or shutdown option.
> > Pressing Crtl-Alt-Delete also offer ONLY
> > 1)    Lock out
> > 2)    Cancel
> >
> > So, if I want to shut the computer down ... the only choice I have is
> > cut the power.
>
> Did you try Lock out (end session)?  What does that do?

I have  to agree here: did  you try and log out to the login screen? It is a
possibility that one of the updates involved power management and/or the login
manager, and a service simply did not get restarted. You should still have the
shutdown and reboot options there, and on reboot you likely will have the
options back.

--
Clay Weber