Menu bar now missing - new question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 25 01:57:37 UTC 2015

On 24/06/15 20:16, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Phil wrote:
>> Kubuntu version 15.04

Now this maybe the cause of my troubles.

I have an Intel 64 bit computer and when updates are available they all
have, or had, AMD in the name of the file. I always thought that this
was odd but accepted it as being correct.

The site below has two iso files, an Intel x86 and an AMD64. I had
assumed that the x86 file is a 32 bit version

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/utopic/release/

So which iso file do I need? I imagine that an AMD version would cause
all sorts of problems on an Intel machine, if it ran at all.

The kubuntu site that lists 15.04 iso files for download only has two
options; 32 or 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit version which seems to be
an AMD version.

--
Regards,
Phil