Output to Samsung TV

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 17 23:48:39 UTC 2015

On 17/01/15 23:20, peter maddison wrote:
> I hope somebody can help me with this problem.
>
> I have an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 which has 3 video outputs; 1 VGA , 1 DVI &
> 1 HDMI. My monitor is connected via the VGA.
> What I am trying to do is connect my 51" Samsung Series 4 (PS51E450A1W)
> via the HDMI.
> I have done that by using a HDMI cable, that was the easy part. The hard
> part is SOUND.

For what it's worth, my Asus laptop doesn't support HDMI correctly -
video but no sound. VGA output plus a connection to the audio output of
the laptop works.

I also have an MSI laptop that fully supports the HDMI standard - just
plug and play. Both laptops have Kubuntu 14.10 installed.

--
Regards,
Phil