Problem upgrading kphotoalbum

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Mon Dec 7 01:14:45 UTC 2015

On Sunday, December 06, 2015 05:31:30 PM James R McKenzie wrote:
> Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using the regular Version of KDE 4.13.3 64
> Bit, "not" the unstable version. If there are further questions that could
> help any one on this list clear this up what are they? I'm totally stumped.
Not sure what you mean by "unstable", I'll assume that means Trusty 14.04 with
no added ppa's?

> Any/All help will be appreciated.
>
> jim at Jims64BitKubuntu1404LapTop:~$ sudo apt-get install -y kphotoalbum
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  kphotoalbum : Depends: libkgeomap2 (>= 1.0~digikam4.7.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
libkgeomap2 is not even present in Trusty 14.04, it is libkgeopmap1

> Recommends: kipi-plugins (>= 4:4.7.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
Also, this version of kipi-plugins is not available in trusty, either,

> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken
> packages.
Have you added any external ppas?

What is the output of :
$ apt-cache policy kphotoalbum