btrfs - don't do it!

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 03:55:28 UTC 2015

Thought I'd give a spin with a clean 14.10 install.

Installed fine and has worked fine several months. I never really used the
snapshot features except to play with.

Had a hard reset last week (power outage). Booted up ok but have been
plagued by weird disk errors ever since - continual problems with
operations failing due to lack of disk space, despite there being multiple
10's of GB spare. Increasing numbers of system errors.

Forcing a fsck on reboot fixed the problems for a while but they would
return within a few hours. Today plasma would not start.

Research on the net shows a number of people reporting problems after hard
resets. I'm reinstalling a clean image with ext4

--
Lindsay