mouse input issues.

seawing Jason at seawingdesigns.com
Sun Sep 21 18:03:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have still not solved the crashing issue that I have been experiencing.
I solved a different problem by using different USB ports and abandoning
the ps2 ports making me think that the ports were just bad.  I know that my
dvd drive is bad because it won't boot from a live disk.

I decided to try one more test before dropping a grand on a new system.  I
got a different dvd drive and ran a live disk. With the live disk  (14.04)
running, the ps2 ports work again and the USB ports seem to be functioning
without a hitch.

I am going to leave it running all day to see if there is any crash, but if
not I strongly suspect that it is software and not hardware.

Here is my question, what is my next step if it is kubuntu?  I could
re-install from the disk, but the problems all arose after I did an update,
so it seems that the issue isn't from the initial installation.  It seems
unwise to just not do updates.

I guess there is one other possibility and that it that it could be an
issue with the brand new Western Digital HDD, and running from the live
disk bypasses that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jason Earrame
www.SeaWingDesigns.com <http://www.seawingdesigns.com/>