dwww question

Bill Vance kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org
Fri Oct 10 08:22:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014, Scott DuBois wrote:

> On 10/06/2014 11:10 AM, Bill Vance wrote:
>>
>> Well, it was working, but now is not.  I type in, "dwww progname",
>> and instead of a bunch of info options, I get:
>>

>> 403 Forbidden
>>
>> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/dwww/ on
>> this server.  Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at xpresso.com
>> Port 80
>>
>> Don't you just hate it when you're locked out of your
>> own machine?  I've done a, "locate cgi-bin|less", and
>> tried changing the perms on each one, but no luck.
>>
>> Anybody know what's going on here?
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Try this link:
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-the-apache-web-server-on-an-ubuntu-or-debian-vps
>
> When I was playing around with this a few months back I had to tweak
> this file for anything to work. Also check with the server guide.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/serverguide.pdf

Thanks Scott.

Been pouring over the abv refs for the last couple hours, and
still haven't solved it.  Time to go crash and burn.  One weird
thing though;  The error.log file says I'm missing a whole
bunch of files.

/var/www/admin
/var/www/favicon.ico
/var/www/phpMyAdmin
/var/www/phpmyadmin
/var/www/pma
/var/www/wp-login.php
/var/www/blog
/var/www/wordpress
/var/www/wp
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php
/var/www/tmUnblock.cgi
/var/www/zc
/var/www/etc
/var/www/currentsetting.htm
/var/www/manager
/var/www/webdav

Baring a couple of these, I have no idea whats being looked for.

Bill