dwww question

Scott DuBois sdubois at linux.com
Fri Oct 10 01:40:22 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 11:10 AM, Bill Vance wrote:

> Well, it was working, but now is not.  I type in, "dwww progname",
> and instead of a bunch of info options, I get:
>

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/dwww/ on
> this server.  Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at xpresso.com
> Port 80
>
> Don't you just hate it when you're locked out of your
> own machine?  I've done a, "locate cgi-bin|less", and
> tried changing the perms on each one, but no luck.
>
> Anybody know what's going on here?
>
> Bill

Try this link:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-the-apache-web-server-on-an-ubuntu-or-debian-vps

When I was playing around with this a few months back I had to tweak
this file for anything to work. Also check with the server guide.

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/serverguide.pdf

--
Scott DuBois
President EBLUG