Baloo is great! Re: Where has nepomuk gone?

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:19:12 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

indexing is done with "Baloo" now: http://community.kde.org/Baloo

You can see a comparison of old and new system settings here:
http://vhanda.in/blog/2014/04/desktop-search-configuration/

On this occasion I'd like to say that Baloo seems to work just great. First
I thought it doesn't work at all, because I hadn't noticed heavy CPU use
for indexing. But then the search in Dolphin turned out to work without
fuzz, based on the Baloo index that got built without me even noticing :)

Regards,
Jörg

> I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 (.3) KDE 4.13.0
> I've had indexing problems as long as I can remember and I often googled
> the
> problem and found how to force an index but I was getting sick of it. I
> have
> since discovered that nepomuk has gone from my system.
> How does it index now and how can I force an index as I am no longer able
> see the option in system settings so where is it?

Hier <https://plus.google.com/u/0/+J%C3%B6rgvonFrantzius/posts> mikroblogge
ich so vor mich hin