K3B can't find installed executables

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Tue May 13 21:56:09 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 04:36 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Stephen Morris
> <samorris at netspace.net.au> wrote:
>> I thought K3B had a configuration option whereby you can limit access to its
>> facilities to only the CDROM group, you haven't invoked that option and not
>> added yourself to that group have you?
> No. didn't even know it existed, but I am the only user on my system
> ,so I don't do that.
>
>> Also try issuing a getacl on each of the programs that K3B thinks are
>> missing just to check that acl's are not preventing access.
> I don't have getacl - why would I need it?
As far as I am aware getacl/setacl are a standard part of Fedora itself.
They provide the ability to set security rights on files and directories
without having to touch ownership and without having to use chmod to
change attributes. I just thought there might be something in your
system that might be changing the acl information without you realizing
it as an ls or ls -l does not show acl information.

>> On my system, every program that K3B wants to use is defaulted to /usr/bin,
>> but K3B says it has also found the same versions in /bin, have you tried
>> changing the defaults to /bin to see if that makes any difference?
> They are all only in /usr/bin.
I guess also the problems you are having may be K3B itself, I have a lot
of problems with K3B producing 2 or 3 coasters before it will produce a
usable cd/dvd, which can't be attributed to hardware as I don't have
this problem under windows on the same hardware.

regards,
Steve