[14.04 64Bit] - Can I Encrypt NTFS HDD And It will Work On Dual-Boot Desktop?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 16:09:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 10:34 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:
> only other question is can I encrypt a hard drive with data on it?
> or I have to 1st encrypt a blank hard drive and then put the data back
> onto it?

Before you get wrong information by the list, caused by e.g.
misunderstandings, you should act self-responsible and read the fine
manual.

Other question e.g. might be, how much effort it's to access the
encrypted Windows by the Linux install, assumed it should be possible.
I don't know, but I experienced it as a PITA already to access an
encrypted Linux /home by another Linux. I don't remember what encryption
was used.

IMO this is a topic where it's wise to learn everything on your own,
resp. to send request assumed you need help to understand the fine
manual.

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/

Perhaps you should start reading

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/incompatibilities#Y986