HDD does spin down and up again and again

Christopher M c_marlow at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 19:09:09 UTC 2014

On 11/27/2013 03:35 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> It's neither possible to disable the "green" option, nor do I want to disable
> it, assumed it should be possible. The order to spin down external drives
> after a while is one of the EU Regulation that are ok. Touching the drive for
> nothing simply is a bug.

 >>>It's neither possible to disable the "green" option, nor do I want
to disable
it, assumed it should be possible. The order to spin down external drives
after a while is one of the EU Regulation that are ok. Touching the
drive for
nothing simply is a bug.<<<<<<

Really Ralf, all hard Drives will spin down that are from Europe no
matter if you tell the graphical front end to NOT spin down the drive
wow, crazy.... Plus I've always been told its VERY BAD to spin the drive
down because the constant starting the head and stopping the head will
cause the hard drive to fail faster than it should and to leave that
off. I remember being told that in the windows days, because I used the
spin down after 10 min of no use, way back when I started messing with
pcs now I would prob set Kubuntu 12.04 to an hour or so of no use.

Thanks,
Christopher