Permission Problem

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Aug 14 09:04:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 08:26 -0700, Bill vance wrote:

> Excuse me Dave, but exactly how is changing mail transfer protocols supposed
> to free up multiple email reading programs that have somehow been locked out
> of their files?
>
> Bill

As I stated at the top, it doesn't help the OP at all.

However, this list is read by many others. Some of them may be
considering setting up a mail server for the first time and do not
realise that there are better alternatives to what appears to be the
default mbox settings for things like postfix and dovecot.

For those people, I am hoping that my message helps them avoid getting
into a similar pickle.

Dave

--
Lisa Simpson:- "They must have programmed it to eliminate the
competition."