Mounting a SD card: successfully outside the camera, no luck when trying it via the camera and USB cable.

Bas G. Roufs in English basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:08:26 UTC 2014

Hello Everybody,

until some versions ago, I did manage to mount a camera SD card in two ways:
     *  by simply taking out the SD card out of the camera, after which I put the card into
the card reader from my laptop;
     *  by connecting the camera with my laptop via a USB cable, while leaving the card in
the camera.
The first method still works perfectly well - I am relying on it now, because the other
method is seemingly unavailable.  When trying to connect via the cable, mounting the
camera seems to stop somewhere half way. Ever since probably Kubuntu/ ?*Ubuntu
12.04, the system DOES see the camera, however NOT the photo files, when trying to
connect via the cable.
Of course, I could probably manually mount and unmount the camera.However, such a
procedure is simply too much time consuming. I am wondering whether it is possible
to get the camera completely automounted again by one time modifying somehow
some script in my system: Kubuntu 13.10 along with KDE 4.11.5.
Respectfully yours,

Bas G. Roufs.

*/Bas G. Roufs/*
Utrecht, NL, EU, BasRoufs at gmail.com, +31 6 446 835 10, +31 30 785 20 40.