Today's Thunderbird "update"

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Sep 19 15:43:51 UTC 2013

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 18/09/13 23:16, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > Following today's so-called update to Thunderbird 24.0, folders that

> v.24.0b1 is the latest version on the Thunderbird web site and appears
> to be a beta release. I'll be surprised if it's available via any
> standard repository, so how you obtained it is a mystery.

As the OP mentioned version 24.0 and not v.24.0b1, it is the version
distrubuted via the standard repositories:

~/ > LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy thunderbird
thunderbird:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:24.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1
  Version table:
     1:24.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main
amd64 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-security/main
amd64 Packages
     11.0.1+build1-0ubuntu2 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64
Packages

While the result above is for 12.04, it should be similar for 12.10.

Nils