Today's Thunderbird "update"

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 19 15:03:16 UTC 2013

On 20/09/13 00:45, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 19/09/13 15:01, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>>
>>> v.24.0b1 is the latest version on the Thunderbird web site and
>>> appears to be a beta release. I'll be surprised if it's available
>>> via any standard repository, so how you obtained it is a mystery.
>>>
>>> Peter HB
>>
>> I am running openSUSE (12.3 at the moment) and I have TB 24.0.3
>> installed.
>>
>> BC
>>
> ...and is that a Mozilla official release, or an openSUSE re-build?
> Maybe thing are different down under. :-)
>
> Peter HB

As far as I am aware oS only release the official Mozilla versions.

(If you look at the HEADER info for this message you will see that I am
using v27.0a1, the Daily, work-in-progress, version downloadable from
Mozilla.)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor