network monitor colours

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:49:55 UTC 2013

Myriam Schweingruber said the following at 10/24/2013 12:14 AM :

> Did you try just to log out of KDE and back in again to see if that
> helps? If you didn't change anything in your color theme this

Yes; logging out and back in is exactly what caused the change in colours.

> shouldn't happen. No updates performed before the last logout?

There were probably a bunch of updates. I certainly didn't change anything in
my colour theme. I never mess with that stuff after the initial setup (several
years ago, now). I log out only when the system tells me that a reboot is
necessary or if I'm testing something that requires a logout and/or reboot. In
this case I logged out (rebooted, actually) because I wanted to test whether
my new ZFS filesystem would be auto-remounted on boot.

> How about telling us your KDE version and color scheme? Everything
> else is guessing.

I have no idea about colour schemes; I never mess with that stuff, so it's
whatever is the default.

The version is whatever is current for 13.04. I don't immediately see anything
that tells me explicitly what version of KDE I'm running, but it's definitely
whatever is current for 13.04.

> FWIW: color is changed in the system settings -> application appearance

That seems like something very generic, but I don't see anything in there that
suggests that it's the colours for the network monitor.

There must some file somewhere where those colours are stored, but what that
file is isn't obvious. That's really my question: where are the colours for
the network monitor application stored?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR