Still 100% CPU when using Kontact - nearly SOLVED!

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Oct 13 17:37:12 UTC 2013

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:52:54 AM A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> I actually like this solution. I am certainly going to try it out. A
> drawback is, that for any new application that is important to me (i.e.
> not a game or experiment) I will have to find out actively where the
> application stores the data I find important and redirect it to a fixed
> location. In the past I have also noticed that differing distribution
> tend to have different places to store mails (thunderbird is an example
> of this).

And as i found out in re-building my KDE $HOME....   Organization of the data
can change, drastically.   The location of kmail files has changed several
times over the past 4 years.   You'd have to go in on each new release and
determine if things had changed.

--
"Aha!  A coffeemaker that fits in a 5.25-inch slot!"