Wireless printing

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon Jun 17 16:28:00 UTC 2013

On Monday, June 17, 2013 04:29:20 PM Phil wrote:
> On 17/06/13 14:22, O. Sinclair wrote:
> > I would try printing to an ip address, that works for me with a wireless
> > HP printer (2 actually, one laserjet and one multifunction inkjet). I
> > sometimes have to do the "power off/on" with the laserjet but there is
> > no pattern to when that happens.
>
> Thanks Lindsay, Jorg and O,
>
> I'm at the point of giving the idea of wireless printing away and run an
> Ethernet cable instead.
>
> Is this what you meant by an IP address?
>
> ipp://10.0.0.9
>
> The previous attempt was met by a "printer not found message" and this
> one displays "connecting to printer" followed by "printer not responding".

I have an HP 1525NW printer here that is wireless.....  and I can print to it both from
my LAN and also from iPad devices...

But my router is setup as an access point which means that I can set a static IP
for the printer and it will be seen by the entire network.

I have two *wired* network printers at:

192.168.0.11      and 192.168.0.12

and the wireless printer is at:   192.168.0.13

to set up the HP1525, I went into cups  (http://localhost:631) and defined the
printer as:

HP LaserJet CP1525nw
*Location:*
office
*Driver:*
HP Color LaserJet cp1515n pcl3, hpcups 3.13.3 (color, 2-sided printing)

*Connection:*
socket://192.168.0.13

and I selected the profile for the printer from the list of printers.

Note that I had to select "CP1515N" instead of CP1525NW  because they didn't
have an entry for the 1525.  But it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

+ Bruce S. Marshall  bmarsh at bmarsh.com  Bellaire, MI         06/17/13 12:22  +