How to restore accidentally deleted system tray Desktop Settings icon?

Alok Singh Mahor alokmahor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 04:36:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Juan R. de Silva
<juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com>wrote:

> In Kubuntu 12.10 I accidentally deleted Desktop Settings icon from the
> system tray.
>
> I've tried to delete the entire panel and then to add a new Default panel
> but it also came without the deleted Desktop Settings icon.
>
> Is there a way to get the thing back?
>
>  you can do this
1. logout your kde desktop
2. open console session by pressing *Ctrl+Alt+F1*
3. give username and password
4. *rm -rf .kde/share/config/plasma-**
5. now you can logout console session by *logout* command or pressing *
Ctrl+d*
6. now go back to your default graphical session by pressing *Ctrl+Alt+F7*
7. now login and you will see your fresh new default panels