Apparently specific Firefox - Youtube sound problem.

TuxMario DeTreb tuxmario.detreb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:06:16 UTC 2012

Le 28/11/2012 02:50, Basil Chupin a écrit :
> On 28/11/12 02:03, Bas Roufs wrote:
>> Thanks, Basil, for your input, which apparently contributed to solving
>> the problem I have been dealing with. However, a few questions remain.
>>
>>> Which version of Firefox?
>> The newest one available in the repo: 17.0
>> On the other hand, I DID manage to  get the sound in several previous
>> versions of Firefox and Kubuntu.
>>
>>> Which version of Flashplayer?
>> Adobe Flashplayer 11.2.202.25ubuntu0.12.10.1.
>>
>> Your question made me decide to reinstall Flashplayer. This apparently
>> helps - now, I do get sound via Firefox, my main browser. But in
>> Chromium, it does not work any more. So, the other way around compared
>> to yesterday's situation.
>
> I have never used Chrome, only Firefox since it was first known as
> Netscape, so have no idea re this.
>
> [.........]
>

>>> .. and you "told" YouTube to remember this setting (FlashPlayer
>>> Settings)?
>> My  question  now: where and how can I get access to those
>> "FlashPlayer Settings" in Youtube?
>
> When the video appears on YouTube, right-click on the video and a menu
> will appear.
>
> However, be also aware that YouTube now also has HTML5 (which Firefox
> recognises and uses if Flash is not installed) so there may not be a
> menu when you right-click on the video.
>
>> So far, I know that package only via the list of installed packages in
>> eg. Muon. It seemingly works in the background.
>>
>> Respectfully yours,
>> Bas Roufs.
>
> BC

Hello everybody

My one pence contribution

I'm using daily Chromium (GPL release of Chrome) and Firefox under
Kubuntu 12.10
I reached issues with "flash player plugin" when new release is
available. My solution to solve this issue was:

 1. close my Web browsers
 2. reinstall flashplugin-installer" via Muon
 3. close user cession
 4. open user cession

Hope this help
Bye : TuxMario