Apparently specific Firefox - Youtube sound problem.

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 28 01:50:14 UTC 2012

On 28/11/12 02:03, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Thanks, Basil, for your input, which apparently contributed to solving
> the problem I have been dealing with. However, a few questions remain.
>
>> Which version of Firefox?
> The newest one available in the repo: 17.0
> On the other hand, I DID manage to  get the sound in several previous
> versions of Firefox and Kubuntu.
>
>> Which version of Flashplayer?
> Adobe Flashplayer 11.2.202.25ubuntu0.12.10.1.
>
> Your question made me decide to reinstall Flashplayer. This apparently
> helps - now, I do get sound via Firefox, my main browser. But in
> Chromium, it does not work any more. So, the other way around compared
> to yesterday's situation.

I have never used Chrome, only Firefox since it was first known as
Netscape, so have no idea re this.

[.........]

>> .. and you "told" YouTube to remember this setting (FlashPlayer Settings)?
> My  question  now: where and how can I get access to those
> "FlashPlayer Settings" in Youtube?

When the video appears on YouTube, right-click on the video and a menu
will appear.

However, be also aware that YouTube now also has HTML5 (which Firefox
recognises and uses if Flash is not installed) so there may not be a
menu when you right-click on the video.

> So far, I know that package only via the list of installed packages in
> eg. Muon. It seemingly works in the background.
>
> Respectfully yours,
> Bas Roufs.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.3 & kernel 3.6.8-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor