Help file not displayed

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 8 23:56:36 UTC 2012

On 08/11/12 22:10, Clay Weber wrote:

> Perhaps you are missing whatever gnome/ubuntu uses for displaying help files,

That's exactly what I expect the problem to be Clay.

> though I do not know what that would be. Also, it simply could be that this
> package, as it was automatically imported from Debian, might simply be mis-
> configured at compile time. Many packages in the vast so-called "universe"
> section of the repos are like that, unless someone finds these bugs, reports
> and someone hopefully fixes it.

I have the package and the self-compiled source file installed under
both distributions. The help file is displayed for both installations
under distribution A but not under Kububntu. The package and source
files are the same version under Kubuntu.

> You  could try running the  program from a terminal and see if there are any
> error messages there when you try using the Help. It might tell us what is
> missing.

I've tried that too Clay - nothing is displayed even with the verbose
option.

Thanks everyone for your advice but I've spent way too much time on this
and it's now time to give it away.

--
Regards,
Phil