Problems with Brasero and burning DVD's

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com
Tue May 29 17:22:45 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Chris Sislo <teknofreak1074 at att.net> wrote:
> I posted in the past and got little help this time I know more and I'm
> hoping someone can help me, anyways I thought I installed the necessary
> packages and I tried reinstalling and that did no good either, I want to
> burn a video file and when I try Brasero  it says converting mpeg files to
> mpeg 2 so am I to get this right first I must convert either .avi, or mpeg4
> files. My system is a Acer Aspire X1920 and all I need is DVD files burnt I
> have other things to check out that might help but I have installed all the
> good,bad,ugly and nice plugins from synaptic package manager and still got
> nowhere.

1. Try k3b (I like it a lot).
2. If you just want to write the files into the DVD, ie: a data DVD,
you just create a "New Data Project" in k3b, and then just drag the
files there, after that: burn it, and you are don.

Now, if you want a DVD that you can play on any standard DVD player,
you will have to create a DVD structure, and that implies converting
the files to MPEG-2.... I have never done that, though, because if I
want to burn videos into a DVD, I usually watch it on the computer,
and if I want to watch it on the TV, I just use an USB drive, and plug
it to the TV (this TV reads videos from USB).

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo