Erratic mouse behavior in 12.04

Leslie Anne Chatterton lahc2007 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 02:07:14 UTC 2012

Sorry to confuse you, I wasn't at the computer (using tablet). What I
was thinking of was "Automatically select icons". As I understand it,
if it's selected just hovering (staying motionless) over an icon
selects it and then it behaves just as if you had clicked it. I've
never used that behaviour and I don't think you want it. If that
checkbox is selected then uncheck it. If not, I'm sorry but I'm lost
too!

I just tested that setting and it didn't seem to do anything, so I
really don't know what is going on with Kubuntu. Thankfully, for me,
everything works well and I don't have the problems you have
experienced. Do you use some kind of proprietary mouse driver? Can't
think of anything else to try.

Good luck and let us know when you find the answer... "the truth is
out there..."