[Bulk] Re: I don't know if this is in the right list but DVD problems

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Sun May 27 13:26:27 UTC 2012

> On Sunday, May 27, 2012 09:08:19 AM Leslie Anne Chatterton wrote:
>
> As I understand it you have complete success with Brasero. If that is the
case then there its no reason not to continue to use it. If I have
misunderstood please let me know. Many people use apps from Ubuntu in
Kubuntu etc. and vice versa. It is a great advantage of Linux to always have
choices. I realize that is not solving your problem!
There is the chance here that as the backend that k3b uses to communicate
with the hardware is having trouble that Brasero's backend may have trouble
too,, especially as they both may be using the same thing behind the scenes.

> As for k3b, the only suggestion I can make is to try removing and
reinstalling KDE using synaptic or whatever app you prefer. It may then pull
in the missing libraries and start to work properly.
That will not happen, uninstalling and reinstalling things does little to
nothing in fixing problems in linux.

> Have you tried using a live CD of any other distro? Puppy Linux is small and
fast. There are also other distros that use KDE. It would be interesting, if
not helpful, to see if the problem is confined to Kubuntu.
> Do let us know if any of this works.
> On May 27, 2012 7:56 AM, "Chris Sislo" <teknofreak1074 at att.net> wrote:
>
> On 05/26/2012 11:34 PM, Leslie Anne Chatterton wrote:
> Dvd burning usually works flawlessly. In order to help us help you please
tell us which version of which distribution you have installed and which app
you are using. Is it an internal dvd that came with the computer? Does it work
with any other operating system, including Windows?
> On May 26, 2012 11:41 PM, "Chris Sislo" <teknofreak1074 at att.net> wrote:
>
> I don't know if this is right but if not a little help please. When I try to
burn a DVD I get the following error
> Please install the following manually and try again:
> mplex (GStreamer plugin)
> vcdimager (application).
> I don't know if this is the right list if not please direct me to the right
list but those are the list of problems I get with trying to burn a DVD. Any
help would be greatly appreciated .
> Thanks
> Chris Sislo

> I have the latest Kubuntu 12.04 and I can't use K3B cause it wont see my DVD
disc and if it does it gives me errors so I am familiar with Brasero so I use
that and these are the errors i get with K3B
> 1.The project does not contain all necessary video DVD files.
> Thanks,
> Chris
> 2.The resulting DVD will most likely not be playable on a Hifi DVD player. (I
am not worried about that one.)
> 3.Could not determine size of resulting image file.
> So this should answer your questions about the various things I forgot in my
first post except maybe what Brasero it is all I know is its from the Muon
software center if that answers anything. I just want to burn a DVD and watch
it on my TV