[Bulk] Re: I don't know if this is in the right list but DVD problems

Leslie Anne Chatterton lahc2007 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:08:19 UTC 2012

As I understand it you have complete success with Brasero. If that is the
case then there its no reason not to continue to use it. If I have
misunderstood please let me know. Many people use apps from Ubuntu in
Kubuntu etc. and vice versa. It is a great advantage of Linux to always
have choices. I realize that is not solving your problem!

As for k3b, the only suggestion I can make is to try removing and
reinstalling KDE using synaptic or whatever app you prefer. It may then
pull in the missing libraries and start to work properly.

Have you tried using a live CD of any other distro? Puppy Linux is small
and fast. There are also other distros that use KDE. It would be
interesting, if not helpful, to see if the problem is confined to Kubuntu.

Do let us know if any of this works.