Fwd: re update firefox 9 to 11

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:48:49 UTC 2012

On 13/05/12 08:29, ray burke wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM, O. Sinclair<o.sinclair at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 13/05/12 07:45, ray burke wrote:
>>>
>>> Sinclair,
>>>
>>> well how do you think I can fix  my problem?
>>
>> If you want to upgrade Firefox but stay on 10.10 I recommend you check
>> Firefox download for linux and try install the latest version.
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
>>
>> there are numerous how-to regarding installation, here is one:
>> http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Installing%20Firefox%20on%20Linux
>>

>>> ray

There should be an apt-get command (or if you use synaptics, I don't
remember kpackagekit myself) to "park" a package and not get updates for
it. Exactly how to do it I recommend you read man pages for apt-get and
use internet search engines as I don't remember. Am now using Muon
myself, it has a function for that.