What can I do to get this Virtuoso backend project started again - with a view to structurally resolve the worst KMAIL problems?

Bas Roufs - message in English basroufs at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:50:22 UTC 2012

Hello Steve and Everybody

> It is unfortunate that Akonadi and Nepomuk require what amounts to two
> full-on databases to function: MySQL for Akonadi and Virtuoso for Nepomuk.
> At one time, there was effort to create a Virtuoso backend for Akonadi, so
> that we could do everything with a single database. That work has, alas,
> stalled.

Pls. explain briefly what I (and perhaps some others) can do to get this
Virtuoso backend project started again - something like this could
structurally resolve problems with KMail and Kontact. Do I need to learn code
writing for -amongst others - Unix via Kate or KDevelop? Can you recommend me
one or few tutorials relevant in this context?
Respectfully yours,
BAS.

Bas G. Roufs MA
Van 't Hoffstraat 1