thanks for all your efforts so far.

Steve Riley stvrly at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:15:35 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-07 14:08:48 Bas Roufs - message in English <basroufs at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Steve,
> With respect to MySQL and SQLite along with Kontact: thanks for all your
> efforts so far. I have checked your ideas in your latest post to the Kubuntu
> forums today. See at and below this post for more details:
> http://bit.ly/IRNoze
> After my travel I will go on with my attempts to find some solution or
> workaround - I will report my findings to a few relevant forums then.
> Respectfully yours,
> Bas Roufs.

Hi, Bas. I replied to you at the forum; I'll include my reply here, too, for
the benefit of list members...

It is unfortunate that Akonadi and Nepomuk require what amounts to two full-on
databases to function: MySQL for Akonadi and Virtuoso for Nepomuk. At one
time, there was effort to create a Virtuoso backend for Akonadi, so that we
could do everything with a single database. That work has, alas, stalled.

...Steve