Does KMail2 work better in 12.04

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed May 2 04:15:16 UTC 2012

On 01/05/12 22:49, Anton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used KMail since I uses KDE (first Suse then Kubuntu).
> But starting with KMail2 in Kubuntu 11.10 I got
> to much problems and I switched to Thunderbird.
>
> Now my question: does anybody still use KMail2 and if yes,
> does it work now in 12.04.

Note that something that does not work in KDEPIM 4.8.2 (the version in
12.04) is autocompletion of mail addresses from contact/addressbooks
when you compose email. And as far as I have been able to try out the
same goes for Distribution Lists/ Groups.

According to what I have found out via forums and mailinglists the
function is disabled in 4.8.x and will return in 4.9 later this year.

Regards
Sinclair