Gimp problem

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 16:22:44 UTC 2012

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> The first thing I would try is make a backup of your ~/.gimp-2.6
> folder delete the original and start gimp from a shell to see it's
> output.
> It may give some clues why it SIGSEV. If that don't work I would
> purge all gimp related packages and GTK+ and reinstall them.

I suppose that won't help either. I have a Kubuntu 11.04 32 bit virtual
machine. There was nothing gimp related on that machine. After
installation of Gimp I got the same error the OP reported initially. Out
of curiosity I tried the same with a Kubuntu 11.04 LiveCD and there was
no segfault.

I would suggest that the OP should file a bug report at launchpad. That
is probably the best way to get a solution because it is unlikely that
the relevant developers are reading this list.

Nils