KDE 4.8.1 showstopper - for me at least

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:58:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 27/03/12 01:07, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>
>>  wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am going to respond very quickly as I am about to fall out of my chair
>>> and
>>> fall asleep :-) .
>>>
>>> But why would you need to type in your password for each account? TB
>>> stores
>>> the password for each account and doesn't require you to type in it each
>>> time.
>>
>> two reasons:
>>
>> 1. Keep passwords fresh in my mind (for webmail access, or other things).
>> 2. Because I just don't like storing passwords, I feel safer without
>> storing it.
>

> But you can use a Master Password to be able to see what the passwords are
> so only you can look at them if you need to, say, alter any password.

still, I would lose "password freshness" in my memory.  Sometimes I'm
somewhere, I need to access webmail asap: no access to my machine, and
thus no access to password store.

>> The other thing - and here I have cut out a lot of what you wrote - is:
>> have
>> you looked in TB at-
>>
>> Edit>Preferences>Attachments
>>
>> and in the Advice column you, by clicking on the little pointing down
>> triangle, select to Delete attachments of particular types -eg, pdf, or
>> jpeg
>> and so on?
>> Because I don't want to delete the attachments! my customer (not me)
>> just want the attachment to be downloaded when you need it, and after
>> being downloaded for the first time, it should be stored on the local
>> message (ie: download the attachment is needed, but only the first
>> time).
>

> OK, then set - which I didn't have the time to mention last night - the
> Advice to ASK in which case you can either accept or reject the Attachment.

I would have to read more about it, but I believe it is not exactly
what I need.  I'll give it a try later.  I can't even see how to add
anything to that list anyway right now.

Ildefonso.