KDE 4.8.1 showstopper - for me at least

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 26 23:46:01 UTC 2012

On 27/03/12 01:07, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> On 26/03/12 23:56, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:

>>> Just that: it doesn't respond... it is "stuck".  I have 5 imap mail
>>> accounts configured there, and 500 emails to filter on one of these
>>> (~750 received) is enough to keep Thunderbird busy (as in: it will not
>>> let me type the password for the other account) for quite some time,
>>> until it finish filtering the mails (or just allows for *very slow*
>>> typing, showing two characters very 10 seconds or so).
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going to respond very quickly as I am about to fall out of my chair and
>> fall asleep :-) .
>>
>> But why would you need to type in your password for each account? TB stores
>> the password for each account and doesn't require you to type in it each
>> time.
> two reasons:
>
> 1. Keep passwords fresh in my mind (for webmail access, or other things).
> 2. Because I just don't like storing passwords, I feel safer without storing it.

But you can use a Master Password to be able to see what the passwords
are so only you can look at them if you need to, say, alter any password.

> The other thing - and here I have cut out a lot of what you wrote - is: have
> you looked in TB at-
>
> Edit>Preferences>Attachments
>
> and in the Advice column you, by clicking on the little pointing down
> triangle, select to Delete attachments of particular types -eg, pdf, or jpeg
> and so on?
> Because I don't want to delete the attachments! my customer (not me)
> just want the attachment to be downloaded when you need it, and after
> being downloaded for the first time, it should be stored on the local
> message (ie: download the attachment is needed, but only the first
> time).

OK, then set - which I didn't have the time to mention last night - the
Advice to ASK in which case you can either accept or reject the Attachment.

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
              Niccolo Machiavelli