Nepomuk performance

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:52:44 UTC 2012

On 18 Jan 2012, at 21:58, Steve Riley wrote:

> We've been discussing over at the Kubuntu Forums how surprisingly stable
> Precise, KDE 4.7.97 (4.8 rc2), and Qt 4.8 are. A few are using it as their
> primary setup now. Akonadi (mostly) works well with Google, KMail (mostly)
> behaves the way we'd like it to,

I'd disagree entirely. it took me 4 attempts (and 3 crashes) to get KMail to check my gmail account, the setup wizard didn't work at all, and as I said I have to give akostrigimuk 350MB of RAM to stop it killing my system. As far as I can tell KDE4 gets worse with every release.

The worst thing is that once I'd got KMail configured for my gmail account, akonadi keeps on checking it even when KMail isn't running. What the ****** is that about?

It's a good job there's Thunderbirtd.

Mark