Help With Pop-up

theuteck at gmail.com theuteck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:02:10 UTC 2012

On Friday, January 13, 2012 02:53:33 AM pdbromwelljr at cinci.rr.com wrote:
> Hey Kubuntu gurus,
>
> I keep getting this pop-up in Kubuntu that's slowly driving me insane. It's
> a pop-up asking for my e-mail address and password with a silver key on it.
> I've disabled the wallet system, uninstalled Kontact, but it still shows
> up. Here is a picture with the problem: http://imgur.com/FyvZn.
>
> Please let me know if you find anything.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

That's Akonadi being helpful.
If you have AkondiTray running, then right click on in it an select "configure"
and remove the mail settings if you are not using KDE PIM or Kmail.
If you are using them, then enter the info so it can store and stop bugging
you, but it probably wont and ask for them again any way.