Oneiric 64-bit and AMD/ATI proprietary drivers

tv.debian at googlemail.com tv.debian at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:21:23 UTC 2012

11/01/2012 20:37, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2012, at 18:20, O. Sinclair wrote:

Hi, taking the thread from here since I missed the beginning. I would
stay away from those packages, they are broken and will break your
system. You should try to *purge* all fglrx related packages, then
reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx and libgl1-mesa-dri (you will see that
update-alternatives is correcting dead links errors), and only then
install the fglrx packages, NOT the "updates" ones. I had trouble with
this packages on all my AMD systems (amd64).
Regarding the switcheroo nature of your laptop, I can't comment since my
system are "simple" discreet or on-board graphic chips.
Off course be sure to purge ALL file installed from the AMD catalyst
installer before going any further.

Hope it helps.