Netbook with Kubuntu 11.04: how best to tame :-) an uncontrollably jumping cursor?

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:51:52 UTC 2012

Hello everybody.

Ever since a few months I had troubles again with an uncontrollably jumping
cursor: at my netbook Asus 1001 HA along with Kubuntu 11.04. I type quickly
and blind. The cursor often suddenly jumped to another position unexpectedly,
while typing.
A few minutes ago, I took a look at: SYSTEM SETTINGS > input devices >
touchpad. There, I scrutinised the tabs "scrolling" and "tapping". In both
tabs, I ended up in UNchecking or disabling every option I could handle in
either way. Later today or tomorrow, I will tell whether this measure works
effectively.
My question for now is: can someone recommend me any other measure with a view
to taming :-) the jumping cursor? Any thoughts?
Thanks for replying, respectfully yours,
Bas.

--
====
Bas G. Roufs MA