Canonical pulls the plug on Kubuntu

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sat Feb 11 12:44:21 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 06:10 AM, Dale Trombley wrote:
> I just don't see it being that big a deal. The other *buntu derivatives
> are quite good and have a strong loyal following (even more so now that
> unity has reared its fugly head).

+1, I'll continue using Kubuntu. I've been a Linux user since '95
(Slackware), switched to SUSE in '98, then to Ubuntu in '08. I hate
what's been done with both Unity and the GNOME Shell and won't touch
either of them. I stuck with Maverick at 11.04, then switched to Kubuntu
at 11.10. There are things to like about Ubuntu, and as long as I can
have something as beautiful as KDE on my desktop, I'll stick with it.
Oh, and of course the ability to actually *configure* the desktop...
what a radical idea!

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)