How best to make daily routine backups from netbook to 2 external HD's?

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:17:59 UTC 2012

Dear Everybody

So far, I have been making backups from time to time via Dolphin or Midnight
Commander: OK for one complete backup, but not effective for daily routine
focussed at only  newly added or changed files. Of course, I have been looking
at this issue at the internet. Several packages and methods are being
mentioned there. However, I am wondering which method(s) and package(s) work
best in practice in my situation: Eee PC 1001 HA along with Kubuntu 11.04 or
11.10, in combination with two external mass storage devices - one HD to store
at home, a 2nd one to always carry with me. In fact, I am looking for a
package which is able to help me as follows:
making a first complete backup from all the text files, images, photo's,
video's, etc. at each of the 2 external devices;
afterwords, making routine backups at each of the two devices while focussing
only at files added or modified ever since the previous backup session.
What else to take into account:
I do not want to backup software which is available anyway in the repositories
or elsewhere;
My netbook does not run 24/24hours - so I prefer to regulate the time schedule
manually instead of relying on some automatic schedule.
Be so kind to provide me with you practical experience and thoughts. Thanks,
respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.
--
====