Problem installing software

Ariya Subasingha ariya_subasingha at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 05:41:20 UTC 2011

Hello Christian,
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I am still having problems. What do you mean by a terminal window. How do I get it? I am not very good at using Kubuntu. I like to learn and use it. In the windows environment The Deskto has  icons. But in the kubuntu desktop I don't know how to get icons on to it. When I open the computer I get the Kubuntu silver page and no way to get the icons. With Ubuntu Which I used earlier I was able to get Icons in the desktop.

Sorry to trouble you.
I would appreciate very much further assistance from you.

The Libre Office package that comes with Kubuntu does not contain the database software. I need the software package often. If I can't get the Database with Kubuntu, I am afraid I will have to go back to MS Office and do my work.
 It would have been easier if Kubuntu contained the database package as well.

with best regards

Ariya